Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Heart Issues


This past week has been one that I will never forget...a reminder of how life is so very fragile and precious. My heart is full of emotions. So many different ones at one time makes it hard to sort through them all.

A large part of my heart is so, so grateful that my dad's life was spared this past week. He had a large, let me repeat, very large blood clot in his leg - 2 ft long to be exact! Part of the clot broke off, went through his heart, and lodged in his both of his lungs. The dr. called him a 'lucky man'. He spent 5 days in the hospital, but is back home and doing remarkably well. I am overwhelmed at how many people cared...so many phoned, texted, dropped off a meal, did my laundry, babysat the girls....thank you, thank you!

Another large part of my heart hurts deeply for my dear friend Mary who lost her beloved husband, Mark, to cancer last Saturday. My heart is torn & full of questions as I watched a 8 year old lad throw dirt on top of his daddy's grave with tears streaming down his face, and his 3 older brothers doing the same. I see their raw pain & anguish. It doesn't seem fair. Not for 1 minute. Why does God allow this to happen? I don't understand God fully...in fact, I never will this side of Heaven. But I do know characteristics of Him...He is in control, he is a God of love, a God of mercy, He is faithful....HE IS SOVEREIGN. That is what keeps on coming back to me. And I cling to that.
Mark's life will not be forgotten and he leaves an incredible legacy. He was a devoted, humble, godly man. He truly had the heart of a servant. He was driven to serve others....God gave him that talent and he maxed it out to the fullest! His life is an inspiration to me.


Visiting Grandpa @ the hospital

Grandpa is explaining what all the tubes, wires are for...

oh my, she just couldn't understand... 'Why I can't jump on Grandpa's bed?'
sick or not sick....they are the best parents! I am so blessed...


In the midst of all the pain....Sunday was the day to celebrate LOVE - Valentine's Day. Kevin says it's a women's holiday. I tend to agree. He got me a dozen red roses, chocolate, & the sweetest card. I apologized and said "I'm sorry, honey, I didn't get you anything." He shrugged, smiled, and quietly said "Like I said, it's a women's holiday." We both laughed....and I was off the hook. However, I am not taking for granted the love we share!

I am so often blown away by his love for me - he is patient, forgiving, slow to anger, spontaneous, humorous, gentle, thinks the best for me, kind...it's a love that resembles my loving Heavenly Father and makes His love feel tangible.


...and of course some pics of our lil' Valentines.




attempting to bl0w mommy a kiss - only one nailed it.
Love is what makes the world go 'round.

cjs





1 comment:

  1. seeing these pics and hearing about your dad brought soooo many mamories back to when dad was in the hosp. with the same issues.
    and then on a lighter note. you have "the most adorable kids", i love hearing Em tell stories of your girls, sounds like your a busy mom. hope your days a good one! joanna

    ReplyDelete