Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowed in!

I can say this weekend has been one of my favorite of all times!

First of all Kevin came home from work early on Friday because of the snow. He had text me saying he has a suprise....it was a good one! He didn't have to work on Saturday. That just set the mood. We all enjoyed the snow immensely knowing that we could relax inside the house and not have to go out on the road anytime soon.

We had special family times....
playing a hardy round of memory
& half of a game of sorry
sleeping in
digging out our driveway
playing in the snow
drinking hot chocolate
staying in pj's all day


Friday as the snow was falling {fast} I heard giggling, zipping, doors banging...these little ladies were getting ready to out in the snow and this was there dress attire. The one that was least dressed for it took a loop in our back yard. By the time she came back to the deck she said in a rather raspy voice, "It's cold out here!"
starting to dig out our driveway

With all the snow piles and drifts we made tunnels and a little fort. The girls had a blast going through them. I was a bit surprised that Jasmine loved the snow the best. She had a total riot in it and heard her singing away! One time when I was helping make the tunnel I threw a handful of snow right back in her face. She just looked at me a little shocked and the gave me the biggest smile. After that there was snow in her hair and eyelashes and with the sun her whole face just sparkled. Out of all of them, I figured she would be the least to enjoy the snow.


the wind created some amazing snow drifts ~ some pretty crazy looking ones.


our snow covered street

my favorite house on our street...it's vacant (I dream of fixing it up!)

Today I got to get outa the house and get groceries(which is another story in itself), just as I was walking out of the house I grabbed my camera. I was grateful for it.







Two song that have been going through my head all weekend long~

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow
&
I see Your Glory, the Glory that's all around me

I'm so very grateful that God erases our slate as white as snow. WOW. I saw some fairly white snow this weekend. It's pure, clean, radiant, beautiful ~only God can do that to our hearts!


feather dustings

truck 4 sale...excellent condition
We're supposed to get another 8-9 inches of snow starting early in the morning. Aaahh, I say bring it on! It's makes the cold winter truly a wonderland.
cjs

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, You're amazing! What an inspiring post. I love watching you with your girls......you're taking the 'much-loved' advice we like to give: "Enjoy them while they're young; they grow up so fast!" Love ya, Priscilla

    ReplyDelete