Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter Blahs....or Not


Long, winter days are here. I am not always fond of them. I don't like the bitter, harshness of it, the way the cold creeps into the corners of the house. I dream about the warmer months of summer and long for them.

In some ways this is kind of like my life. I see areas where I let the corners of my heart become bitter and cold. Where I let pride, jealousy, hurts, rebellion seep into my heart. They are places I don't want to visit and want to push away.

"Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, til He comes and rains righteousness on you." Hosea 10:12

This verse has become very real to me. In order for righteousness to come I must overturn the yucky places of my heart. In a very gentle way I must expose my heart. God is leading me on a journey... drawing me to HIM, and leading me on a pilgramage that leads to freedom and fullness in HIM!

This week I have joined a Bible Study group in our church. Crazy thing is, I really didn't want sign up, tried my best to get out of it. God is pursuing my heart, I know He is. He is a redeeming God, and wants to make the rough edges of my heart new! He promises to meet me when I am willing to pursue Him with all my heart.



Glimpses of our "blah" Winter
Toddler 1 is fond of butter...


....toddler 2 is fond of peanut butter



Dog sitting Oreo for the wknd ~
guess what dog they want now??



Warmth & love is felt when daddy plays Memory on a cold winter night.



One morning I heard this keyboard jamming away, and fits
of laughter coming from these two. I just had to investigate,
and this is what I found: them trying to help each other move
the keyboard. It brought smiles to my face as well!

Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other."~ Carol Saline
cjs

No comments:

Post a Comment